Gilbert, Arizona, is every foodie’s dream destination. This town boasts a vibrant food scene with top-notch restaurants and cafes.
In Downtown Gilbert alone, there are over 30 restaurants. This family-friendly environment offers a plethora of culinary options, including pet-friendly restaurants.
If you are visiting this lovely place for the first time, let us guide you through the best Gilbert, AZ restaurants.
Savoring Southwestern Classics
1. Joe’s Real BBQ
This classic family-owned barbecue joint is known for its slow-smoked ribs, pulled pork, brisket, and homemade southern sides and desserts. Enjoy delicious food in a casual, laid-back setting.
- Joe’s Big BBQ Feast – Ribs, pork, brisket, sausage, two big sides, cornbread, buns, and a jumbo baker.
- Joe’s BBQ Chicken Salad – Salad greens, chicken, tomatoes, corn, and bean salsa with roasted poblanos, black olives, crunchy Fritos, BBQ ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
- 4-Meat Sampler Plate – Ribs, chicken, brisket, and pork, served with cornbread.
“Took a friend out to an early dinner. The food was good. The portions are decent. The atmosphere is friendly. It’s definitely a cafeteria-style eating. Fountain drinks are available. Plenty of condiments are offered. Cobbler is good. The lemon cake is wonderful. Rootbeer float was nice. Don’t know if it would be a place to go back and try something else. But overall, it’s not bad.” – Robert Herrera
A World of International Cuisine
2. Romeo's Euro Cafe
One of the best Italian restaurants Gilbert, AZ, Romeo’s Euro Cafe serves authentic Mediterranean dishes like gyros, chicken Veneto, and paella. This casual yet classy European-style café also boasts an extensive wine list.
- Delemeno Seafood Salad – Sauteed shrimp, scallops, calamari, asparagus, capers, Kalamata olives, scallions, and fresh garlic over romaine and tomatoes with freshly squeezed lemon.
- Mushroom Turkey – Turkey breast grilled with mushrooms tossed in yogurt sauce with melted Swiss cheese.
- Peppery Steak – Grilled slivered steak, onions, peppers, and black olives tossed in Italian dressing and provolone cheese.
“This was our first visit and we are so glad we went. There were four of us and we each commented many times on how much we enjoyed it. Portions are generous and three of us needed take home boxes. I thought I would need one too but my tortellini Gianni was so good I couldn’t stop eating it. Romeo’s has serious potential to be our new favorite restaurant.” – Brian H
3. Clever Koi
Craving Asian food? This time, let’s go beyond the usual Chinese restaurants Gilbert, AZ’s locals often go to. This spot serves your favorite Chinese food along with delectable cuisines from other countries in the region, such as Thai, Japanese, and Korean.
- Korean Fried Mushrooms – Maitake mushrooms, daikon sprouts, red sriracha vinaigrette, and sesame seeds.
- Szechuan Catfish – Bok choy, broccolini, snap peas, garlic, arbol chili, and chili oil served with rice.
- Chilled Sesame Noodles – Bang bang dressing, corn, cucumber, pickled carrots, gastrique red onions, cilantro, peanuts, chili crisp, scallion, and sesame seed.
“This is definitely a nice place. The cocktails were first class in quality and assortment. The service could not have been better. Our waitress was very kind, friendly, and helpful. I wasn’t a huge fan of the pad Thai. Way too sweet. However the steamed buns were delicious! I highly recommend those. My wife had the fried rice and that was delicious too. It had a unique smokey flavor to it.” – Rick Shepard
Here are a couple of our favorites when it comes to great food made with the freshest ingredients!
4. Joe’s Farm Grill
Classic American eats like burgers, hotdogs, fries, and sandwiches just taste better at Joe’s Farm Grill. What makes this culinary spot extra special compared to other restaurants in Gilbert, AZ is they serve food made from fresh produce grown from the urban farm.
- Jumbo Fried Shrimp + 2 Sides – Half pound tiger shrimp, hand-breaded, with homemade cocktail sauce.
- Baby Back Ribs + 2 Sides – Full slab smoked and grilled pork loin ribs (sauced).
- Grilled Salmon Platter + 2 Sides – Homemade tartar sauce, grilled asparagus garnish.
“This is such a great place to go with family or by yourself. The food is fantastic and of really good quality. Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. There is plenty of room to sit and eat inside and outside. Lots of room for the kids to run around outside too. I had the pulled pork sandwich and it has a great sweet and slightly spicy taste to it. The fires are crispy and not greasy. Plenty of food to fill you up.” – Andrew
5. The Coffee Shop
This quaint, charming cafe offers a bright, relaxing atmosphere amidst Agrotopia’s greenery. Come here to sit back and soak up the Arizona sunlight as you enjoy a warm cup of coffee and freshly baked goods.
- All American Breakfast – Your choice of toast, two eggs, bacon, ham, or turkey, as well as a side of breakfast potatoes.
- Papa’s Burrito – Eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, and breakfast potatoes.
- Southwest Chicken – Lettuce, tomato, shredded chicken, bacon, pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayo and ranch.
“A feeling of Paris, Waco, and So cal hidden behind the trees and farm of Agritopia in Gilbert, AZ. Outdoor seating was awesome with great cold coffee, desserts, and great omelette to start off the morning. Scenery is nice and a great place to relax. Was hoping for the waffle but the machine was broke :(. Awesome place to check out in Gilbert.” – Alex McClure
Discover the best hole-in-the-wall restaurants that offer an amazing experience along with exceptional food.
6. The White Rabbit Bar
This speakeasy offers a 1920s vibe, with a secret entrance that requires guests to provide a password, which is provided to them after signing up for the VIP email list. Come in “date-night style” attire. The bar boasts a lengthy cocktail list organized by sweetness.
- Charcuterie Board – Prosciutto, Toscano, mortadella, brie, goat cheese, and Manchego served with toasted ciabatta bread.
- Cowboy Caviar – Black beans, black-eyed peas, avocado, roasted corn, tomato, cucumber, red onion, yellow bell pepper, and jalapenos, with lime and cilantro vinaigrette, served with fried tortilla chips.
- Margherita – Marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil, and heirloom tomatoes.
“Prohibition style bar- hidden location and fun immersive theme – surprisingly fast service and cool atmosphere- great date night or a new place for cocktails.” – Rocki Stillson
7. Simi's Cafe
The comprehensive menu of this hole-in-the-wall includes Vietnamese and Asian-American dishes, including pho and spring rolls, pad Thai, and kung pao beef. Order a glass of sweetened Vietnamese coffee after you enjoy a scrumptious meal.
- Filet Mignon in Kalbi Sauce – USDA choice beef cube cooked with sweet Kalbi sauce.
- Black Pepper Filet Mignon – USDA choice beef cube stir-fried with green beans, carrots, onion, and sweet pepper.
- Singapore Noodles – Shell on clam stir fry with black bean sauce.
“Wow. Every diner in the restaurant seemed to know the staff. Every seat was filled and I received the last open seat in the house without waiting. The service was prompt, and after ordering I only waited a few minutes for my food. I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai (it’s a noodle dish with chicken). Everything was delicious. I had planned on taking half the dish home with me to munch on later but I couldn’t stop and I had to eat the whole thing. I don’t know why I didn’t try this place before!! If you haven’t been to Simis, you have to go. By the end you’ll feel like family.” – Jacob McAneny
There you have it – the best restaurants you have to try in Gilbert, AZ! Whatever your palate craves, there’s definitely at least one culinary destination that will satisfy.
If you have any questions about the area, we’re just a phone call or email away. Contact us today at (480) 888-5272 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also assist you if you’re considering buying a house in Gilbert.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the restaurants in Gilbert that offer the best Mexican food are Joyride Taco House, Backyard Taco, and Barrio Queen.
Yes. If you’re dining with family and small kids, you would have a great time at Joe’s Farm Grill, Black Bear Diner Gilbert, and The Farmhouse Restaurant.
Definitely! Some of the best vegan-friendly spots include The Uprooted Kitchen, Seed Shack, and Green Lotus Vegan.
Yes, some of the best fine dining restaurants that offer restaurants are Bourbon & Bones Chophouse and Bar, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar, and Firebirds Wood Fired Grill.